Legal Counsel - Fixed Term Contract
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Anonymous
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an immediately available Legal Counsel to join a successful company at their head office based in West London, on a fixed term contract.
Reporting to the Vice President, EMEA, you will handle a broad workload related to legal issues, including litigation, contractual, commercial, competition, regulatory, IP, data protection and compliance matters, in over 50 countries.
* Assist with legal affairs throughout the EMEA region.
* Strategically managing ongoing and new litigation matters.
* Supporting and advising the business team on contract and other business negotiations.
* Engaging in strategic discussions and analysis at the EMEA-level.
* Negotiating and drafting contracts.
* Reviewing general contracts, including service agreements, consulting agreements, licensing, development and supply agreements, third party logistics and site rental arrangements.
* Conducting legal research.
* Reviewing marketing materials and other forms of communication by company.
* Providing complex advice to various business units.
* Member of the bar, with a degree from a recognised university.
* Strong Litigation experience
* Many years extensive post qualification experience with at least four years' experience gained in a respected law firm and additional in-house legal department.
* Fluency in English is a key requirement, with knowledge of any commonly spoken European or Russian language considered an optional asset.
* Ability to think strategically, be proactive and work autonomously.
* General knowledge of international business practices.
* Ability to solve complex practical problems.
* Ability to manage and organise workload for effective and efficient implementation.