Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
Defence / Electronics
Software Engineer needed for one of the world's leading Defence/Electronics organisations based in Middlesex who are looking to employ a Software Developer with an in-depth knowledge of embedded applications using C and/or C++.
The successful Software Engineer will want to work for this company, not just because it's a great opportunity, but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
• 25 day's holiday
• Annual bonus
• Pension Plan
• Career Progression
• Private Health Care
• Dental Care
• And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Software Engineer will include:
• Accountable for software development tasks to produce high quality and robust software designs to meet the software requirements, in line with the project schedules.
• Work effectively with other disciplines (e.g. hardware, firmware) during design and integration to produce a working system.
• Implement software in accordance with required coding standards including ensuring that all code is commented to an appropriate level.
• Present proposals clearly and constructively, debate input from others and share knowledge willingly where appropriate.
• Seek input from peers and manager as required; ensure that work has been reviewed to a suitable level; engage in peer review of colleagues work.
• Actively looks for opportunities to improve processes used in the software development; propose changes.
• Follow the defined software development process.
• Liaise with customers and external bodies as and when required.
• Manage security of information as defined in the Security Manual.
What you need to be the successful Software Engineer:
In order to be the successful Software Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
• Experience with software development for real time embedded applications using C and/or C++.
• Understanding of the use of real time operating systems.
• Experience of full life cycle software development; adhering to strict software design processes.
• Competent in the use of host-based and in-circuit testing and debugging techniques.
• Experience of software implementation with no real time operating system.
• Proficient in scripting languages (e.g. Python).
• Experience of using configuration management tools.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!