Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
Purpose of the role - Actively reducing the numbers of Young people who are NEET - especially those from vulnerable groups such as those in / leaving care.
* To ensure that community-based delivery and commissioned services meet the needs of local young people at risk of negative outcomes, are delivered through strong partnerships with the community and voluntary sector and are robustly managed.
* To enable the design and delivery of support to young people, contributing to and negotiating cross service programmes with heads of service and senior officers within and outside the Council as required.
* To lead the management of administrative and support functions, including Youth Advisers on behalf of the whole service, allocating resources as required to meet agreed objectives and targets.
* To ensure that the service is Ofsted Inspection ready and demonstrably contributing to the improving children's services agenda and the Clients effectiveness in its role as a corporate parent.
* To identify areas for improvement in participation, NEETs and community programmes and initiate work to make improvements required. To ensure that learning for targeted support is identified and shared with the appropriate teams.
* To lead improvement and development projects for young people's services, working at a senior level with council and external partners as required. To foster and build responsive and constructive relationships with all partner agencies, to ensure effective management of participation, NEETs and community programmes.
* Expertise in the NEET / EET agendas in relation to young people
* Significant experience of managing services to young people in a range of settings and with a variety of different partner agencies
* Qualified youth worker status (JNC) or a Level 6 IAG or other equivalent qualification in an relevant allied profession.
* A full clean driving licence
Grace Personnel Ltd
Clinical Professionals Limited
Badenoch & Clark