Environmental Health Practitioner (Pollution)
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
The Pollution Team provides a specialist professional service to discharge the Council's statutory responsibility to enforce legislation and protect public health. It has a strong regulatory function around industry and the commercial sector, and also acts as a specialist consultancy service in areas of health protection.
The main purpose of the role is:
* To investigate often complex and contentious service requests from the public, other professionals and the commercial sector relating to its legislative remit, and to take enforcement action where necessary.
As an Environmental Health Practitioner/Officer your duties will include:
* Investigation of service requests relating to 'statutory nuisance' including; but not limited to, noise, air quality, dust, smoke, light pollution and fumes.
* Discharge the Pollution Team's duties under the Licensing Act 2003 as a responsible authority.
* Regulate the environmental impact of the construction industry.
* Investigation of service requests relating to rubbish accumulations including hazardous materials in commercial areas.
* Investigation of service requests relating to pest and vermin control in the commercial sector.
We welcome candidates with previous experience in a similar role (Environmental Health Officer, Environmental Health Practitioner etc.) within the Local Government, Council or Public Sector.
You will be working 35 hours per week on a temporary/full time basis and in return will receive a salary of £23p/h.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases