Senior Engineer - Weights
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
* Determining areas requiring technical investigation and acting to deliver.
* Management of sub-contracted engineering work.
* Proactively monitor and record weight information for whole ship and equipment for HCF vessel and delivery of continuous updates to ensure an accurate ongoing assessment of lightship and predicted out-turn
* Maintain metrics that show clearly and simply consumption of weight against budgets, consumption of margin, weight maturity, impact of change and highlight unauthorised weight growth.
* Identify and investigate new weight threats and opportunities and propose actions to manage.
* Investigate and report on impact of engineering changes on weight and CoG.
* Participation in design reviews, design councils, and other engineering governance activities
* Attend test weighing of procured equipment, structural units and manufactured items at supplier's premises or within the shipyard and review Test Weighing Certificates provided by suppliers.
* Participate in the improvement of quality and encourage quality initiatives on the continuing quality journey.
* Produce progress reports for allocated work packages, ensuring that the agreed scope is delivered within budget and schedule,
* Participate in Weight Management Working Groups and workshops and other required meetings across technical domains
* Domain experience in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering
* Knowledge of platform design and integration, with particular reference to weight and weight management and the influence this has on vessel performance
* Experience of engineering design processes
* Ability to operate in a large, complex project in a multi-disciplinary, matrix management environment.
* Maintaining documentation / calculation records under configuration control.
* Effective networker
* Displays flexibility through response to change in a dynamic environment.
* Demonstrates focus through monitoring work packages or projects
* Continuously improves standards of excellence in drive and commitment.
* Demonstrates Customer Focus through partnerships that shape customer expectations.
Nature of Impact:
* The Role has direct impact through responsibility for quality of tasks/services, the tasks/services are closely related to others and therefore the effectiveness of the team
* The Weight Engineeing is a key role and is responsible for monitoring and recording weight against budgets and ensuring that margins are properly managed throughout the design and construction phases of the project
Area of Impact:
* Meeting key shock performance requirements is critical to the success of the project. As a transversal issue the shock requirements affect all areas of the design.
* Failure to properly manage weight has a serious impact on both Stability and hydrodynamics and will compromise the CoA's ability to meet their operational requirements and may have significant contractual and reputational impact to the company.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
First People Solutions