Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
Brewster Partners are working with an organisation in the public sector. They are currently looking for an HR manager to join their team in Sheffield.
This role will provide a comprehensive HR service which ensures that managers and employees are equipped with best practice to foster a high-performance culture.
Advise line managers on the terms and conditions of employment, ensure legislative and legal requirements are met.
• Ensure all employee relations and HR matters are handled fairly and consistently in line with legal and the company's requirements.
• Drive alignment between HR strategy and business goals.
• Lead end-to-end recruitment which attract candidates with the right skills to deliver the organisation's objectives ensuring a positive candidate experience with both successful and unsuccessful candidates.
• Build and maintain good working relationships with external stakeholders to facilitate the successful and timely delivery of recruitment campaigns.
• Manage complex employee relations casework including change management, dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence and retirement.
• Support senior managers on restructures and staff consultations.
• Oversee work linked to payroll services to ensure accuracy of calculations and timely input.
• Act as a focal position in employee relations negotiations between the union, staff and Social Work England.
• Ensure effective data security, General Data Protection Regulation and Freedom of Information systems are in place and are monitored.
• Oversee and review an effective performance management process, working with the Training and Development Manager.
• Provide HR support and guidance in relation to contracted staff including performance management, coaching and development framework and disciplinary and grievance issues.
• Produce quantitative and qualitative management information on recruitment and retention, cost effectiveness and quality of service delivery and work with the organisation to forecast and effectively manage vacancies.
• Actively monitor and review HR policies and procedures ensuring they remain fit for purpose, in line with legislation and best practise.
• Support change management processes and projects
• Experience of working in human resources, providing proactive generalist operational HR support and advice to staff and line managers.
• CIPD qualified or working towards.
• Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through change.
• Excellent working knowledge of current employment law and best practice.
• Significant experience of effectively managing challenging employee relations issues and disputes.
• Strong evidence of working independently and taking responsibility for meeting agreed targets.
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills, with a proven ability to analyse statistics and data to produce effective reports and management information
• Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to create and present clear, well-structured policies and reports.
• Excellent oral, listening and intuitive skills with the ability to make sound, well - considered decisions and judgements.
• Evidence of instilling confidence and credibility at all levels when dealing with sensitive, challenging and difficult situations.
• A strong team player, capable of developing effective relationships at all levels within the organisation.
• A proven role model for respectful, open and honest behaviour including a demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity in employment and service delivery.
Brewster Partners Business & Office Support is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing jobs in in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of business and office support recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at (url removed) for more information