Property Management Officer
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
Responsible To: Operations Manager
Directorate: Support & Care
Head of Department: Director of Support & Care
Location: Maitland House
The effective and efficient management of day to day repairs, in liaison with Property Services and contractors. Ensuring that Service Managers are informed of the progress of repairs requests and likely completion dates.
Creating and sustaining positive customer relationships - Delivering a high quality, high performing, customer-focused service to our service users.
Tenancy compliance - making sure service users comply with their conditions of tenancy promoting and encouraging 'positive' tenant behaviours through early intervention and where necessary legal enforcement action.
Creating, developing and sustaining effective relationships with internal colleagues, managing agents and administering authorities to ensure compliance.
Performance management culture - deliver services that meet performance targets, within budget also ensuring that the team provides a proactive, visible and seamless service to residents.
1. Lead, manage and supervise Service Managers of Leasehold & sheltered housing in developing, improving and maintaining quality of services provided
2. Management of a housing caseload, to include visiting the services, being the front line contact for service users in all aspects of housing management and ensuring there involvement in the services they receive.
3. Ensure that tenancy management processes are managed in accordance with Estuary policy and procedure, required legislation, adhering to good practice and taking all necessary steps to ensure that any breach of tenancy is remedied and keeping relevant persons informed. Guidance as necessary.
4. Respond to complaints and enquiries and / or to provide reports to assist with the response to complaints.
5. To liaise with local authorities, statutory bodies and other agencies on housing related matters and to represent the Association at meetings as directed.
6. Establishing and managing an equipment renewals and replacement programme for all directly managed services
7. Manage ASB cases using a case management approach and employing a range of approaches and sanctions in order to create a positive behaviour change.
8. To attend as appropriate meetings & court proceedings on behalf of the association.
9. Checking and coding invoices for payment and authorisation
10. To be involved in improvement and repair works within your defined area, liaising with staff and residents and participating in the consultation process.
Job Title: Property Management Officer Department: Supported Housing & Care
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills.
- Knowledge of tenancy management processes (statutory and procedural), in particular those relevant to social housing.
- Knowledge of all relevant anti social behaviour and related housing legislation.
- Knowledge of welfare benefits, and support mechanisms as they apply to the client group.
- Excellent administration and record keeping skills.
- Working in a customer focused environment.
- Current knowledge of housing law, particularly its effect on tenancy management.
- Knowledge of good practice within tenancy management.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements.
- Able to analyse data effectively, oversee performance and identify trends.
-Ability to understand, identify and respond to the needs of customers.
-Commitment to delivering excellence in customer service at all times.
- Significant, proven experience of working within a housing management or related role.
- Proven staff management experience.
- Experience of complex case management.
- Working to and meeting deadlines.
- Working within a performance management framework.
- Experience of using computers and appropriate software at intermediate level or above.
- Experience of advising on and dealing with the operation of an anti social behaviour service within a social housing environment.
- Extracting data and statistical information using appropriate IT systems.
- Experience of working with a range of different agencies and building effective relationships.
- Experience of attending and presenting cases at court.
e.g. travel, hours of work, overtime and interests
- Flexibility in working arrangements to meet the needs of the post.
- Attendance at evening meetings as requested.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this role.
- Car owner/driver
Eden Brown Synergy is an equal opportunities employer. For more opportunities, please visit (url removed)