Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
Purpose of the role - To deliver a high quality and customer focussed housing needs service, including housing advice, access to the Housing Register and homelessness services.
To use every available resource to tackle housing need and prevent homelessness in accordance to relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
To contribute to the development, cohesion and integration of the wider housing service.
* Deliver a comprehensive, customer focussed and high-quality housing needs service, liaising with other sections, departments and agencies internally and externally in relation to housing or homelessness issues on behalf of home seekers
* Working proactively using initiative and knowledge to apply appropriate options to tackle housing need ensuring that the client's resources, including financial resources, are appropriately used according to the needs of the home seeker, enabling them to achieve sustainable and affordable solutions to their housing needs.
* Provide good quality housing advice to all, including, public, tenants, licensees, landlords and home seekers regarding their legal rights and available options related to their housing using a holistic approach. This will include analysing complex information and relaying this information appropriately to the customer, including legal advice on housing, immigration and benefit legislation.
* Carry out home visits to assess accuracy of applications and take a proactive approach to tackle housing needs and homelessness; dealing with a range of circumstances many of which will be complex and detailed.
* Relevant professional level qualification e.g. Certificate in Housing (level 3).
* Holds a current and full UK driving licence with own car, which is available for work.
* Knowledge of current housing, immigration and related legislation, case law, policies and good practice. Including Protection from Eviction Act 1977, relevant Housing Acts and Homelessness Acts.
* Minimum 12 months experience of working in Housing Advice, Homelessness or Tenancy Relations role
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
The Refugee & Migrant Centre