Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
Hours per week: Full Time either 8am-4pm, 6am-2pm - Monday to Friday
We were founded in 2004 by a group of doctors and managers who believed in a fresh approach to healthcare. We wanted to create a culture of partnership where each staff member is empowered and feels able to make a real difference, where the best management ideas from other sectors to health were applied, and where patients come first above all else. We opened our first hospital in Nottingham in 2008 - a high-volume elective treatment centre, designed, built and commissioned with clinicians and patients' needs in mind. It treats around a quarter of a million patients a year, with an 'outstanding' rating for surgery from the CQC.
In 2010, we built our first private hospital in Bath, with an award-winning building designed by Norman Foster. In 2012, we then opened our second hospital in Reading, improving the model pioneered in Bath. In 2014, we started the UK's first-ever fully integrated musculoskeletal service, in Bedfordshire, reflecting our growing expertise in integrated care and orthopaedic treatment. Its success led to a similar service being launched in 2017 in Greenwich, and new services in Rushcliffe and Northamptonshire in 2018.
* The installation and maintenance and repair of both single and three phase electrical
installations and services, including fault diagnosis on plant and equipment across all
our clients properties.
* Participation in the "on call" rota is required to provide an out-of-hours service to all
hospitals, homes and departments throughout.
* To maintain and repair oil fired steam and hot water boilers, water treatment plant and
associated pumping equipment.
* To maintain and repair air handling and ancillary ventilation equipment and inverter
drives, hot water heating installations, light and power installations, lifting equipment
and stand-by generation plant.
* To undertake training, both on and off island, on routine and specialist equipment and
plant as deemed appropriate by Estates Management.
* A flexible approach to cross skills working is in operation and the post holder may be
expected to work outside of his/her trade providing assistance to other staff or
* Post-qualification experience within the electrical trade.
* Hold a minimum of City & Guilds 2361 and 2362.
* The ability to read and understand wiring diagrams and trace faults.
* To have a good working knowledge and be experienced in working on both single and
* three phase electrical installations.
* The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people at all levels.
* The ability to work well within a team environment