Technical Officer- Regulatory Services
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
Would you like to help us to reduce nuisance and public health problems in the Borough of Barnet?
Capita Re (Regional Enterprise Ltd) are looking for a Technical Officer to join their team, to ensure that the residents of Barnet Council have access to staff who can deal with their public health issues.
You will provide technical services with the overall aim of protecting and improving the health and wellbeing of every resident, worker and visitor within the Borough.
Your main responsibilities will be to investigate service requests relating to, for example, accumulations, drainage, odour or nuisance issues, and take the appropriate legal action.
You will need to have proven experience and technical knowledge of the relevant areas of environmental health or the ability to develop technical knowledge. A valid current driving license will also be required.
Other Key responsibilities
* Carry out the enforcement of legislation in a timely and efficient manner, as may be required in line with service and statutory legal guidelines.
* Prepare reports, statements, correspondence, briefs, plans and statistics as required and to keep a daily record of work undertaken.
* Liaise with officers within Regulatory Services, council services, outside organisations, companies and individuals in order to deliver an effective Environmental Health Service.
* Keep up-to-date with changes in legislation, policies, attitudes and techniques relevant to their service groups.
* Assist in the preparation and execution of publicity campaigns and educational work.
* Excellent communications techniques
* Ability to accurately draft legal documents
* Ability to accurately record data using specialist software systems
* The ability to work with minimal supervision
* The self-confidence to deal with members of the public in situations which can sometimes be highly confrontational.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they are how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
About Capita Re
Re, is a joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. It runs the Council's Development and Regulatory Services including strategic planning, development management and regeneration services. Re aim to build better services, provide value for money, support the local economy and make Barnet an even better place to live and work.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Follow Capita on
Follow Capita on
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check