Lease Advisory Surveyor
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
Brook Street is delighted to present an amazing opportunity to join a global financial and professional services firm who specialise in real estate services and investment management.
Our client is in business to create and deliver real value for their clients, shareholders and their own people in a complex world that is constantly changing. They have more than 40k people in 70 countries serving all of the real estate needs of those clients.
The candidate will have responsibility for developing and managing their own caseload of varied lease advisory instructions including lease restructures, lease renewals, rent reviews and, when required, 3rd Party referrals for major investors and corporate occupiers.
Joining the Southampton Lease Advisory team, the successful candidate will enjoy a varied workload which covers a wide variety of asset classes including office, industrial and retail across Southampton and the south coast area.
About the role:
* Assume immediate responsibility for own caseload of instructions including lease restructures, lease renewals, rent reviews and general lease advisory matters.
* Ability to take on new instructions and provide market leading advice to clients both verbally and via written reports involving property in the Southampton/south coast area. This will require the ability to fully understand relevant legislation, review legal documents, inspect/measure property, undertake detailed market analysis and report to clients.
* A key requirement is to identifying and develop new profitable work to ensure financial targets are met.
* Willingness and ability to identify and cross-sell opportunities to other departments and offices. An understanding of the corporate occupier, investment and agency markets is important in order to identify new business opportunities. The appointee will need to engage with each of these departments on a regular basis.
* The role is a direct client facing position. This requires excellent communication skills, confidence and the ability to provide clients with required information in specific formats within agreed timescales.
Who's right for the job?
The role requires a proactive and highly commercial individual who has excellent negotiation and communication skills with the ability to directly advise a wide range of clients. A good understanding of relevant legislation and a strong track within Lease Advisory is vital.
A large element of this Lease Advisory role will require the appointee to pro-actively identify new business opportunities and generate profitable work independently and also working with other teams in the office/region. The appointee therefore needs to be hard working, energetic, commercially astute and a proven new business winner.
* RICS or MRICS Qualified at Associate or Director Level.
* Proven track record in a similar Lease Advisory role.
* Hard working, energetic and enthusiastic.
* Commercially astute with excellent business skills.
* Proven business winner constantly seeking to identify new opportunities.
* Good communicator.
* Deliver highest level of client service.
* Ability and willingness to learn.
* A strong team player.
* Good interpersonal and social skills.
What's in it for you?
In return for your hard work, our client offers a competitive salary of between circa £40,000 and £60,000 per year depending on experience in addition to company benefits. Working hours are standard office hours, but can be discussed at interview.
Let's get started!
Our client is looking to hold interviews immediately with a start as soon as possible.
If you are still interested in the role and looking for work it would speed up your application process if you completed an online registration with Brook Street as soon as possible via the following link: https://(url removed)/account/registration.aspx. This registration will need to be completed to progress your application for this role or any future roles you apply for.
To send your CV please apply via the advert or directly on Brook Street's website. For more information please contact Ben G at Brook Street Portsmouth on (phone number removed) or apply to send your CV