Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Anonymous
Mears New Homes Division operates across the UK, with a Portfolio of impressive projects this area of our Group is growing to include some impressive and desirable projects. With a emphasis on new developments, contracts and exceptional aftercare, this is a business that can offer scope, progression and opportunity.
Reporting to the Technical Manager you will be part of a sizable team and be responsible for managing and liaising with external consultants and statuary bodies, this role will be responsible for design development on land led and traditional designs and build and contract opportunities up to and including start date.
The role will include:
* Obtaining quotations from consultants and survey companies and providing recommendations for approval.
* Management of external consultants to prepare outline/ reserved matters design for planning applications and submission of information as required.
* Management of consultants to prepare working drawings.
* Management of design development to ensure statutory compliance
* Management of design development to ensure agreed Mears New Homes Bronze, Silver and Gold specifications are incorporated into the design
* Prepare and control preconstruction design programme
* Ensure signoff of drawings in line with agreed process
* Obtain utility quotation and designs.
To be considered for this role you will have a proven career in a technical based role, and have a sound and comprehensive understanding of the construction sector with industry specific training. An understanding of building, construction, legislation, planning and building regulations. The ability to meet tight programme dates with a reactive and resilient approach. Essential to the role is an exceptional level of deadline management, a pro-active approach and the ability to plan and pre-empt what will be needed. This role requires excellent motivational skills coupled with the ability to react well as a team player.
At Mears we want to take care of our employees, that's why we have a benefits site called Mears Rewards exclusively for all our employees. This site has hundreds of savings at popular retailers as well as an important Employee Assistant Programme, to take care of your wellbeing. You could save up to £1,000 a year with the variety of offers we have at Mears Rewards, from Tesco to Thomas Cook there really is a saving for everyone that can make your money go further.
If this job is of interest to you, then we would love to hear from you! Follow the application process to begin your opportunity working for a company that puts their community at heart
Lawrence Dean Recruitment Ltd
Hertfordshire Mind Network
K & D ASSOCIATES LTD