Senior Quantity Surveyor (55-65k) - Cambridge
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
Already experienced as a Quantity Surveyor you will have a HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline). You will be able to demonstrate a GOOD KNOWLEDGE of monthly reporting and you will understand period cost reporting and comparison with budget/forecast. You will have experience working for a similar main contractor, on residential housing projects.
Candidates are expected to have a good understanding of the below and demonstrate a willingness to develop.
• 5 years' + experience with a main contractor
• Good knowledge of forms of contract
• Experience in commercial management of sub-contractors, including holding meetings, valuations and final account negotiations.
• Able to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors
• Have excellent communication - both oral and written, numeric and computer skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Ability to form and develop relationships with a PQS, Design Team and Supply Chain
• Commercial skills, maximising value recovery, cost control and cash management
• Good interpersonal skills- ability to work effectively with site management and the rest of the team
• Ability to use/understand financial reports and final accounts
• Ability to work as part of a team and to work to own initiative
• Ability to build strong relationships with all management levels
• Able to quickly build strong working relationships with people at all levels
This is an opportunity to work and DEVELOP a career with a busy, Main contractor who have a heavy order book now and for the foreseeable future. My client is keen to conduct interviews in the next few weeks so please contact me immediately for further information. On offer is an attractive salary/package, career development and job satisfaction
LJB and Co
Amida Recruitment Limited