Technical Events Manager
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
The role of Technical Events Manager will be the technical interface between the client and venue ensuring you deliver the best solution. Technical expertise along with excellent organisational skills, are required to handle the diversity of projects.
Within the hotel/venue the role will encompass many aspects of sales, account management, administration, customer care, technical support and maintenance.
• Main point of contact for clients on a day-to-day basis
• Prepare, rig and de-rig equipment prior to events within the hotel/venue
• Pro-actively contact clients well in advance of their event to develop and build sales potential, interpret technical solutions, arranging meetings where necessary to establish their requirements.
• Maximising sales potential by up-selling services at every opportunity with the view of increasing turnover
• Monitors sales files to review upcoming groups and to ensure that sales processes are followed.
• Foster good relations with all sales team members to maximise new leads. Educate the team in terms of all services and introduce incentive schemes to encourage the team to distribute potential sales leads.
• Develop a database of clients who have visited the hotel/venue. Proactively correspond with clients after their event to pursue future business. Gain feedback on performance to improve on service.
• Ensure all areas of responsibility are within budget parameters and to negotiate preferential rates. Utilise all in-house services before out-sourcing i.e. crew & equipment.
• In conjunction with hotel team/Sales & Marketing in London, develop sales and marketing literature specific to the hotel/venue, to increase awareness and build exposure.
• Report to the hotel/venue and attend weekly staff meetings within the hotel/venue to ensure that communication does not break down at any stage.
• Cultivate good relations with all hotel/venue staff
• Creates development plans with hotel teams to improve service levels.
• Build long-term customer loyalty by converting on-off Hotel corporate client's events to established client accounts,
• Monitor competitor activity of production companies using the Hotel and where possible approach clients with the view of targeting for future activity.
• Delegate technical responsibility to on-site technician, ensuring all duties are achieved within the deadline