Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
£15.99 per hour
Our client is looking for an experienced Highways Inspector.
NRSWA Supervisors accreditation. A qualification in Highway or Civil Engineering or equivalent. Understanding of or experience of street lighting, street furniture, civil and highway engineering, as appropriate within an urban environment. Able and willing to carry out detailed inspections, surveys etc of trenches, cellars and other physically demanding locations. A good understanding and knowledge of relevant highway and traffic legislation, procedures, codes of practice, regulations, licensing and best practice in customer care. Ability to handle an extensive workload, including ability to act on own initiative, prioritise and meet strict deadlines
• To deliver, on a day-to-day basis, a qualitative, efficient and effective highway inspection service, based on best practice and the delivery of high quality outcomes.
• To ensure the safe passage of the general public on the public highway.
• To progress and assist in managing highway engineering matters, within an area based or function based team, in accordance with the agreed programme.
• To ensure, in conjunction with colleagues, that statutory and legal obligations are delivered and communicated in a customer-focused manner, optimising available resources.
• To ensure compliance with and enforcement of relevant Health and Safety and Highways legislation.
• To be accountable to the Senior Engineer for achieving agreed Service outcomes, timely and effective engineering solutions and personal appraisal targets which uphold the Council's Core Values and meet the challenges of Best Value and Comprehensive Performance Assessment.
• To be an active member of and contribute to the development of the Highway and Engineering Team.
Please only apply if you have the necessary skills, experience and expertise. The first part of our recruitment process is to send your CV