Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
* To provide a professional and comprehensive HR advisory, analytical and consultancy role to deliver the Parking Review project.
* At all times operates with the degree of professional acumen and expertise required of Chartered Member of the CIPD.
* Contributes to the wider work of the project, working alongside the Project Officer - Transport
* Ensures the delivery of the HR elements of the project on schedule and that it meets project aims.
* MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Acts as the Project Officer - HR to deliver the Parking Review project.
* Reviews essential car user entitlement, including developing updated criteria and working with departments and departmental management teams to review allocation to existing users. Works with Employee Relations, Pay and Rewards Manager to negotiate any revised criteria with the recognised trade unions.
* To work with Staff and managers (including senior managers) across the council to assess job roles and consider and promote alternate and new ways of working with less reliance on the car making clear recommendations for changes.
* Assessing opportunities for home working and other ways to reduce car use including for example different ways of providing peripatetic work, timing and scheduling of home visits. Making recommendations for such changes.
* Exploring and recommending options for permit sharing or for permits that are for teams or part week only.
* Developing and recommending options for staff parking charges to manage demand.
* In conjunction with the Employee Relations, Pay and Rewards Manager consults with trade unions' representatives with regard to issues arising from the project.
* Maintains communications with staff and managers on project aims, progress and outcomes, clearing communications through the Head of Human Resources.
* Undertakes equalities impact assessments where project deliverables impact upon staff.
* Works with the Project Officer - Transport to develop forecasts of future parking demand
* Develops and maintains project plans, updating the Project Sponsor as when required, and ensuring delivery against those plans
* Researches and drafts committee reports and attends relevant meetings where necessary.
* Complies with all aspects of the Council's Health and Safety Policy and arrangements.
* Thorough and up-to-date working knowledge of employment legislation and best practice including a thorough understanding of current human resources issues at a local and national level. Strong experience in employee relations and organisational change delivery.
* Strong experience of project management and project administration
* Thorough understanding of the business environment and the effective application of business processes.
* Understanding of & commitment to comply and promote diversity and equal opportunities in employment and service provisions
* Understanding of & commitment to own and others' responsibility to comply with the Council's health and safety policy and arrangements
* Experience of delivering an organisation-wide change project
* Strong data analysis skills and ability to use Excel to review and analyse data
* Strong inter-personal skills able to engage with and influence staff at all levels in the organisation
* Experience of working with trade unions to successfully deliver change