Principal Water Consultant
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by May Walters
Location - South West of England - UK
Salary - Competitive salary offered, together with performance bonus
May Walters is a boutique search consultancy specialising in senior positions within the environmental sector.
Our client is a leading global multi disciplinary with a reputation of delivering high value and complex engineering and environmental solutions to clients. Comprising established engineering and environmental divisions, they have reach into the both domestic and international markets which has enabled them to lead a number of high profile major infrastructure programmes, in addition to complex development projects. The environmental division is well established and has established a considerable amount of kudos in the organisation, it has also been successful in acquiring new clients and projects. The range of services offered by the environmental division includes international finance & ESIA through to environmental risk assessment and a variety of flood risk and consequence management solutions. This growth of the environmental division and the organisations client footprint is such that the board has allocated considerable resource for the divisional expansion over the next few years to allow it to grow and therefore maintain the quality of delivery for clients.
Key to this expansion would be for an individual to strengthen management within the environmental division based within the south west. A senior individual will play a pivotal role in delivery and development of the organisations flood risk, SUDs and associated services within the organisation. There are a variety of project types being serviced, from the large infrastructure projects to the smaller but more complex development projects. This is a key role for an individual to grow a team within the south west to compliment the regional teams who are still expanding due to client demand, and considerable resource is available to support this new post to ensure the same levels of growth.
Responsibilities of the role would include;
• Delivery of technical support to clients including flood risk management, hydraulic modelling and SUDs
• Co-ordinating with the other regional teams to deliver services efficiently to clients
• Develop a trusted partner relationship with clients, working with other divisions to identify and advise on further commercial opportunities
• Develop new and existing clients via tender and to identify opportunities for this and other divisions
• Identify and recruit, mentor and develop a team for the south west region
In addition to being appropriately qualified and chartered, it is envisaged that the right individual would;
• Be located within the south of the UK, within striking distance to the office based north of Bristol.
• Have a track record of delivering flood risk, drainage, hydraulic modelling or similar work within the UK.
• Have a track record in delivering projects on time and budget within the UK
• Be able to develop client relationships and translate technical issues in a commercial manner
Interest would be welcomed from all who can demonstrate a proactive and professional approach to clients as a pre-requisite. This is a senior role within the organisation and further expansion would be geared around the ideas and recommendations of the appointed individual. Applications are welcome from individuals who would consider this as a move upwards in their career, in addition to more senior individuals wishing to play a part in the exciting development of the company.
For the right individual, a very competitive package would be constructed, together with a performance related bonus, reflective of the role and contribution made. In terms of prospects, the culture of the organisation is geared towards enabling individuals to achieve their professional goals and understanding these goals would form a part of the interview process.
It is notable that despite having a large international footprint and resource, the environmental division is managed autonomously, therefore it can provide a large scope of progression and a supportive culture indicative of a smaller company.
Feel free to contact Martin Higgins in confidence for further information;