Database Management Analyst - Tampa, FL
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by UnitedHealth Group Inc.
As a Data Management Analyst, you'll have the opportunity to build and maintain tools for mechanized system data updates, support Data Management by ensuring accurate client setups, data integrity, workflow rules, and billing rules. This is a position that affords you the ability to apply optimum access techniques; coordinate installation actions and build associated documentation. This is a challenging role that creates an opportunity to grow and develop while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Data Management Analyst is an integral member of the Data Management team which provides the ability to set standards and controls that ensure data integrity. This individual will be part of a broader team that aligns with Finance to support business initiatives; drive data quality and measurable improvement to clean claim practices and related financial outcomes.
This individual must have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to operate strategically and build effective partnerships across multiple stakeholder groups, and the ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects to meet tight deadlines.
* Identifies the need for and actively builds or supports the development of tools for mass data maintenance in support of Data Management's change control process
* Serves as lead on deployments of complex installs to production, QA and UAT environments
* Creates and maintains UAT protocols including required test data maintaining referential integrity data quality and data usage within the testing discipline
* Establishes data quality controls at the point of entry for critical attributes through data profiling and data cleansing
* Quantifies data discrepancies through data mining and works with the business to implements best practices for continuous quality improvement
* Intermediate SQL skills (familiar with writing SQL queries, inner and outer joins)
* Intermediate knowledge of MS Access (set up an Access databases, writing scripts)
* Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (macros, conditional formatting, pivot tables etc.)
* 1 years of experience working with databases, report creation and generation
* Configuration Management
* SmartConnect Mapping
* Health care industry experience
* Sales Pad and Great Plains experience
* DME (Durable Medical Equipment) knowledge
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.