Label Machine Operator
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by Fresh Express
As an individual, the incumbent must understand the Food Safety Statement, complete the required training, perform work assignments in accordance with training and display an acceptable level of competency with all Quality Assurance/Safety/Security policies and training requirements. Areas of food safety training will include, but are not limited to, GMP, Food Safety Plan, Listeria, Food Safety and Quality Statement, FSSC 22000/Global Food Safety Policy/Food Safety Goals, Visitor/Food/Site Security, Emergency Preparedness, and Bloodborne Pathogens. Some additional items include: Color Coding, Waste Management, Rework, COOL Labeling, and Startup-Changeover.
The individual must also request additional and/or refresher training if he or she feels that it is needed to effectively perform requirements in specific areas of responsibility.
The incumbent will operate, change and adjust labels according to the sequence set.
Job Function Statements Essential Functions:
* Ability to operate 2 types of label machines efficiently.
* Ability to set up & achieve 100 % start-up of label machine with no guidance.
* Able to assist maintenance with mechanical troubleshooting.
* Ability to identify & use emergency stops and air control valves.
* Ability to operate and select programs and country of origin on the printers.
* Be able to change and feed labels according to production sequence.
* Monitor label and box print quality and required information following the gold case process.
* Ability to make adjustments and minor setting changes.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position
* The incumbent must be able to work 6 consecutive days, overtime, and weekends as necessary.
* Basic mechanical skills.
* Be capable of meeting all required testing frequencies (detailed, fast-paced work).
* Stay in communication with PMO before change overs.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Stand for the duration of the shift (8 hours or more).
* Bend continuously throughout the shift.
* Able to work in a noisy, wet and cold environment of approximately 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Perform repetitive motions for the duration of the shift.
* Able to stand and walk for extended period of time.
* Able to reach with hands and arms to check product.
Other Desired Qualifications/Skills:
* Label operation experience.
* Bilingual English/Spanish.
* Some PLC/Electronics knowledge.
* HS Diploma, GED, or Technical School.
* Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
* Experience meeting or exceeding high production expectations.
* Food industry experience.
* Manufacturing experience.
* Past experience working in a cold environment.
* Self-motivated individual who requires minimal supervision and direction.
Minimum of three months machine-operating experience