Planning Officers - Development Plans
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Shetland Islands Council
Shetland is an exciting and unique place to work. Whether you are an experienced planner with RTPI membership or a graduate planner, this post will provide an opportunity to work within our Development Plans team - a small team with a positive and pro-active approach to development.
This is a challenging and varied role, with opportunities to assist in in the delivery of existing planned growth aswell as planning for the long term future of the islands. The main focus of the post will be the preparation of the Local Development Plan, but there will also be opportunities to get involved in other aspects of planning such as Masterplanning, Placemaking, Local Place Plans and Locality Planning.
Motivated, enthusiastic and highly organized, you must also have excellent written, numeracy and verbal communication skills. You will be educated to degree level or willing to commence study to achieve an RTPI recognised qualification be able to analyse and interpret data, prepare reports and briefings, take part and lead on topic groups and manage projects.
Relevant experience in policy development and planning at local authority level would be an advantage in this role.
A relocation package does apply to this post
We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -Additional Information
- The grade of this post is H/I/J/K/L
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,094 per annum (pro rata)
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week, 52.18 weeks per year
- You must hold a valid driving licence and have a suitable vehicle for use during your employment or the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at 8 North Ness Business Park, Lerwick.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Suzanne Shearer, Team Leader - Telor E-mail:
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call.
Shetland Islands Council
Hays Construction and Property