Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Fresh Express
As an individual, the incumbent must understand the Food Safety Statement, complete the required training, perform work assignments in accordance with training and display an acceptable level of competency with all Quality Assurance/Safety/Security policies and training requirements. Areas of food safety training will include, but are not limited to, GMP, Food Safety Plan, Listeria, Food Safety and Quality Statement, FSSC 22000/Global Food Safety Policy/Food Safety Goals, Visitor/Food/Site Security, Emergency Preparedness, and Bloodborne Pathogens. Some additional items will include: FIFO/FEFO.
The individual must also request additional and/or refresher training if he or she feels that it is needed to effectively perform requirements in specific areas of responsibility.
This position is responsible for maintaining accurate inventory data in PRMS and providing support as needed in the Inventory department. This requires daily cycle counting and inventory maintenance, packaging, film, condiment, trailers and Finished Goods inventories.
Job Function Statements Essential Functions:
1. Timely and accurate inventory of raw materials, packaging, film, and condiments.
2. Accurate data entry and file maintenance in PRMS.
3. Follow proper documentation procedures in accordance to SOX requirements
and other company procedures.
4. Interface with production, warehouse, scheduling, purchasing, etc., as needed.
5. Inventory variance review, research, and explanation as needed. Also follow-up on findings
of that research, as corrective actions where appropriate. This also includes MUV research
and reports as required or requested by the Accounting department or Inventory
6. Report Peco Inventory on a weekly basis and an explanation for any variances.
7. Maintain files so that they are readily available for review.
8. Communicate with Production, Scheduling, Purchasing, Transportation, Customer Service,
and Logistic team on a regular basis (proactive communication and information sharing as
9. Performs other duties as assigned (including housekeeping)
10. Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
1. Good communication skills
2. Computer Knowledge: MS Word and Excel
3. Highly motivated individual who is a self-starter
4. Ability to Multi-task and work in a fast-changing environment with minimal supervision
5. Team oriented with good interpersonal skills
6. Ability to work days, nights, and weekends as necessary
7. Ability to work in a cold (34-degree F) and wet environment with prolonged standing, noise
exposure, climbing stairs, frequent bending
Other Desired Qualifications/Skills:
1. Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Polish
2. Forklift Certified
3. Computer: AS400
4. Minimum of 1 year in a food processing and packaging environment or equivalent (Food,
Manufacturing or Warehouse Industry experience)
1. Minimum of 1 year related experience
2. Inventory control experience
High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience