Business Office Specialist
Posted on Jan 15, 2019 by Lincoln Surgery Center
This position is Full-time Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM. Duties include Medical Records.
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
• Demonstrate an ability to open the center in an efficient and timely manner. This may include: changing door lock combinations; printing and distributing Operative Reports, H&P Reports, and daily schedules; making coffee; changing out backup tape; preparing patient charts for the day; printing patient registration and consent forms for patients scheduled for the following day.
• Demonstrate an ability to greet and register patients in a patient-friendly and timely manner. This may include: copying picture ID and insurance cards; collecting applicable co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance amounts; explaining registration and consent forms to patients; delivering the completed chart to the pre-op nurses.
• Ensure the expected payment log is filled out accurately and completely on a daily basis.
• Ensure patient charts are assembled for the following business day.
• Ensure insurance verification sheets have been obtained from the CBO and filed in the chart appropriately for all cases added to the schedule prior to noon.
• Complete the insurance verification process for cases added to the schedule after noon for the next business day; this includes notifying the patient via phone of the patient portion due at the time of service.
• Demonstrate a strong ability to act as a liaison between the patient's family and the clinical staff.
• Provide back-up coverage for the HIM Specialist (i.e., medical records).
• Consistently demonstrate an ability to work as a team player.
• Other duties as assigned.
- One to three years experience working in a physician's office, clinic or hospital setting preferred. A firm understanding of insurance contracts as well as pre-certification and benefit verification requirements preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) may be required as determined by facility practices.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.