Community Support Worker - Young People
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Chailey Heritage Foundation
Are you looking for a Community Support Worker role with a difference? If so this may be the role for you...
In this unique role you will split your time working both here on-site within our vibrant Futures provision - The Hub and out in the community at a young persons home or facilitating access to activities, events or attractions.
No day is the same and as such this role is varied, exciting and highly rewarding.
What Makes Us Different?
- Our Community Support Workers are able to spend longer periods of time with the young adults and therefore do not move from call to call, you may sometimes spend a full day with one young adult.
- You will work with a small group of young adults so you can really get to know those that you are supporting.
- Although driving is essential, you will not be expected to spend the entire shift driving from one location to another.
- You will split your time working on-site and out in the community
Chailey Heritage Pathways, part of Chailey Heritage Foundation, offers highly specialist care for children, young people and young adults with physical disabilities and/or sensory impairments and associated health needs.
We provide a flexible way for families to access highly specialist care and support, both at home and in the community, facilitating access to activities, events or attractions.
We are very proud of the warm, caring and professional relationships our staff build with the children and young people and as such, are looking to recruit a new Community Support Worker to widen our reach into the community.
We are based in North Chailey close to Haywards Heath and provide support in the community in Sussex and Surrey.
What We Offer
- Competitive rates of pay starting at £18,296 rising to £19,355 following successful completion of probation.
- Full time, part time and bank positions available
- Opportunities to further develop your career via training and development.
- Company pension scheme.
- Up to 23 days paid holiday.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Appreciation Awards.
- An excellent mileage allowance.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Various shifts available between 7:30am and 9pm.
- Attend to the personal care, social needs and meal support of young people within their own homes.
- Support with accessing the local community to attend appointments or social activities.
- Assist in creating an environment where the client can achieve the greatest possible independence.
- Full, valid driving licence and your own transport is essential.
- Experience in supporting vulnerable people.
- Understand the importance of treating people with respect to promote independence.
- You will have excellent communication skills, be reliable, flexible, honest and trustworthy.
If you have a passion for providing care and feel that you have the skills required for the role, we would love to hear from you.
Chailey Heritage Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults; as such an enhanced DBS disclosure is required.