Facilities Engineer - Days
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Dilectus Recruitment Solutions
Our client is an established name in their industry with over 50 years of experience in their field, and manufacturing household brands and products for the food and drink industry. Due to growth of their business, we are presently seeking a Facilities Engineer to be a key part of the maintenance team at their busy Manchester site. This person will be responsible for plant facilities and infrastructure, but also able to cover for plant maintenance team at times when required.
Work closely with the Engineering Manager, taking responsibility & ownership for delivering a high quality engineering service in support of the achievement of goals and targets for the site services plant and equipment and with particular regard to the compliance and environmental agendas.
To plan, co-ordinate and team resources to complete all work allocated to the team in a timely manner.
Promote and support the company quality & safety standards
- Co-ordinating tasks in support of the maintenance and repair of site services plant & equipment.
- Rapidly diagnose and resolve reactive faults. Escalate in a timely manner where appropriate. Complete works associated with NCRs in a timely manner.
- To develop and deliver maintenance plans for a wide range of services equipment including:
- Steam boilers
- Air compressors
- Hot water systems
- Heat exchangers
- Heating Systems
- Lighting Systems
- Drainage and effluent
- Basic PLC knowledge preferred
- Identify the most effective means of delivering maintenance (internal resource vs contract)
- Maintain records of inspections and service to internal and external audit requirements.
- Co-ordination of permit to work system for control of contractor / internal activities within defined work area
- Apprentice trained / trade qualification to NVQ / City & Guilds or similar
- Experience of a manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated with proven ability to work on own initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player who will work with others to achieve company goals
- Methodical with excellent organisational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task on technical issues
If you fit the bill as outlined above then do not delay, apply now. We are in the process of arranging interviews and are in position to provide a very quick turnaround for relevant candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity for site services engineers in the Manchester area