Medical Laboratory Technologist or Technician (Medical Lab Technician
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by KA Recruiting Inc.
MEDICAL LAB TECHNICIAN / TECHNOLOGIST - HEMATOLOGY
JOB# KC 46
- Employee Type:
The person in this position is a licensed Medical Technologist (MT or MLS) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) who is responsible for day to day specimen processing, analysis and results reporting within the Hematology department. The person in this position performs the standard duties of a Medical Technologist/Laboratory Technician with assistance of Medical Technologist III Lead and Supervisor.
- Receive and process specimens according to department protocols
- Must perform within the productivity expectations as set forth by current departmental guidelines.
- Assists the Supervisor, Manager and Director with administrative functions such as ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Produces, interprets and reports accurate and precise test results.
- Validates new methods.
- Handles CAP surveys.
- Addresses client concerns.
- Communicates pertinent section information/issues to supervisor, manager or other appropriate individual.
- Performs instrument maintenance and method troubleshooting.
- Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA programs and monitors.
- Work with other departments within PathGroup and subsidiaries.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- Associates Degree or other qualified technical college two year certificate required.
- Must hold a valid Tennessee Laboratory License as a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or Medical Technologist (MT or MLS).
- ASCP registered.
- Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification and licensure.
- One year of prior job-related experience preferred.