Technical Proposal Writer / Innovation Consultant
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17.30 (Flexible working considered)
£35,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience
Commercial Business Support
Our client is a progressive and rapidly growing innovations business, passionate about developing products and technologies that enhance our daily lives. Driven by a desire to solve complex challenges, they work with a range of partners to bring together the required technical expertise and funding 'know-how' to fuel the commercialisation of inventions and patents.
What is the purpose of the role?
This exciting and diverse role would suit an enthusiastic and self-motivated professional with collaborative proposal writing experience, ideally related to science, engineering or technology. You will be working with a multi-disciplined team on the design and development of research, technology and innovation projects. Previous experience with bidding for Research & Development funding would be advantageous.
What will you do?
* Lead client brain-storming sessions.
* Carry out due diligence and feasibility studies.
* Conduct market research and analysis.
* Research competing technical solutions.
* Write and developing documents focusing on business impact and commercialisation strategy, technology management, and technical contributions for collaborative funding proposals.
* Communicate effectively with suitable technical staff, academic partners and industrial clients to gather information for submission of research proposals.
* Ensuring proposals are prepared, initially assessed and submitted to the required standard and deadlines.
* Review, edit and improve R&D and innovation proposals.
What skills and experience will you have?
* A passion for writing about concepts and ideas which fulfil a technology/product gap in the market.
* Strong persuasive writing skills, preferably demonstrated by a proven track record of proposal writing
* Strong analytical skills and experience with complex and research innovation-related problem solving
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience) in a scientific, technical or business discipline
* Experience or keen interest in commercial pathways to new product development
* Experience with commercial and public funding, knowledge and experience with UK and European funding.
* Flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects to meet deadlines
What will you get in return?
* £35,000-£50,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
* 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
* Workplace pension scheme