Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
Salary range £23 to £27K + plus allowances of £5,000 per annum
(Initially a fixed term contract, leading to a permanent role after 6 months)
Local charity renowned for its research in life sciences is looking to recruit an Electrical Maintenance Engineer. Working as part of the Engineering Team, the job holder will carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks across various buildings and research facilities.
PPM tasks to various buildings, including working on motors, controllers, lighting control systems and LV distribution, including opportunities to work on small electrical projects and installations.
* In-depth knowledge of operation and maintenance of electrical supplies and M&E Engineering Services
* Experience in local power lighting systems.
* Experience to include main LV switchgear and installations.
* Relevant previous experience of working on a multi-building site
* Experience of supply transformers and MV installations, however MV switching and MV maintenance is not essential as MV safety awareness training will be provided
* Experience of Fire Alarm and security installations
* Experience of external lighting and supply systems
* Experience of domestic and scientific apparatus and equipment
* Experience of IT and telephone installations
* Able to identify electrical system faults, identify the cause and carry out remedial
* Ability to read and understand drawings
There will also be opportunities to work on small electrical projects and installation works.
Time-served apprenticeship in electrical engineering plus proven, relevant experience.
BTEC or City & Guilds qualification in a relevant discipline.
IEE Regulations 17th Edition.
City and Guilds 2391 or 2394/5 electrical Testing and Inspection is also desirable.
The successful candidate should have good understanding for electrical fault-finding including locating the cause and carrying out remedial repairs, ability to read and understand drawings as well as good interpersonal skills. Previous experience on scientific/laboratory buildings would be an advantage.
There will be a requirement to provide out-of-hours services on a rota basis.
Starting salary is £23,228 per annum to £27,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Plus allowances of £5,000 per annum
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
Requirement to provide out-of-hours services on a rota basis
Free Car Parking