Children Protection Social Worker - Gloucestershire
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
Social Personnel are looking a Children Protection Social Worker to join the CP team in Gloucestershire.
* Responsibility for casework decisions and provide specialist advice to colleagues and others on a wide range of complex issues showing advanced skills in analysis, intervention and evaluation, but knowing when to refer to managers
* Hold a caseload which contains individuals and families deemed to be 'challenging, resistant, high risk and/or high vulnerability'
* Manage workload independently, seeking support and suggesting solutions for workload difficulties
* Increased role in complex cases which will include increasing participation in child protection case conferences and court work, engaging effectively with people, both short term and building relationships over time
* Routinely and efficiently apply critical reflect and analysis to increasing complex cases.
* Work towards autonomous practice in all aspects of their practice. - Social Worker's will be preparing to work independently but, will continue to work closely with their manager and not make any independent decisions on their casework.
* Take a lead for developing team activities, such as organising and chairing team meetings and contributing to team training sessions and events
* Provide professional opinion and be more professionally assertive in working with individuals and families and with other professions and organisations
* Represent Children's Social Care by participating in internal and external meetings and network groups
* Undertake PQ Practice Educator training and supervise students (in accordance with Practice Educator Professional Standards, PEPS)
* Contribute to and promote the learning and development of practice which includes acting as a mentor to Newly Qualified Social Workers and social work students
What you need:
* Have post-qualified experience
* Be eligible to work in the U.K.
* HCPC registered and have a DBS
Benefits of working with Social Personnel:
* As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, Social Personnel have access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
* A way to give back to charitable organisations/disadvantaged young people, through our partnership with Youth at Risk, now known as GRIT
* Simplistic payroll process, taking away the hassle from you - just enjoy your hard earned money each week
* Training and development opportunities which meet the needs of your career and are tailored to you
* A market leading £600 referral bonus, paid across 3 months, for every successful placement we make from someone you refer to us
* Your own highly experienced recruitment consultant and dedicated aftercare team
* Boat Parties, prize giveaways and much, much more...
If you are interested in this position please call Calvin on (phone number removed) or e-mail