Machine Operator (Engineering)
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Candidate Source
They are looking for someone to join their expanding team to set up and operate various types of engineering machinery, such as lathes and grinders to work to fine tolerances, to ensure that the daily production targets are achieved.
As a Machine Operator, your daily duties will include:
• Setting up and operating various machinery in the engineering department.
• Maintaining and servicing equipment to the best of their ability.
• Working to tight tolerances set out on engineering drawings.
• Completing in-process inspection forms and work tickets.
• Ensuring that they are aware of all company procedures and systems and ensuring adherence of these procedures.
• Performing work to customer specifications to ensure high quality of products.
• Ensuring work tickets are completed in full, at all stages of manufacture.
• Conferring with team leaders on any problems.
• Working closely with quality assurance to ensure all quality guidelines and tolerances are achieved.
• Working within Health and Safety Regulations.
• Ensuring the area is in a clean and orderly fashion at all times.
• Carrying out any requirements of the training and maintenance programs that form part of their ongoing development.
To be a successful Machine Operator, you will have the following skills and experiences:
• Ideally, hold an Engineering Qualification i.e. NVQ/HNC/HND or equivalent.
• Previous experience working with an Engineering/Manufacturing environment is essential.
• Previous experience with lathes and cylindrical grinders is beneficial but is not essential.
• The ability to follow engineering plans/drawings.
• Must be an excellent communicator and a good team player.
You will be working Monday-Friday, initially on day shifts before moving onto a rotating 3 shift pattern.
There is also the opportunity to work overtime which is paid at x1.5 (Monday-Saturday) and x2 (Sunday's).
In return, an Operator will receive a salary of £22,880 whilst on training and up to £32,947 once completed. The successful candidate will also receive a company pension and a quarterly bonus scheme (dependant on profit).
To apply for this role as Operator, please click apply online and upload an updated copy of your
Michael Page Engineering & Manufacturing