Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Wellington Professional Recruitment
Based in County Down, our Client is renowned for their expertise in both design and fabrication of metalwork and pipewelding. They have secured a creditable reputation with repeat contracts from a vast array of UK Tier 1 Contractors on projects such as London Cross Rail, Water/Wastewater Treatment Projects, Marine, Education, Residential and Healthcare.
Due to this on-going success they are looking to strengthen their Commercial team with the appointment of a Senior Quantity Surveyor to act as their commercial lead. You will be responsible for ensuring strong control on variations on all on-going secured contracts whilst maximising profitability by strong commercial management of contract works, variations and final accounts.
Some of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
* Fulfil role as commercial point of contact for all live contracts.
* Manage all variation pricing and keeping up to date all variation order registers.
* Assist the FD with monthly applications for payment/invoicing.
* Oversee preparation of contract application for payment/white cards.
* Review contract documentation and position statements prior to entering new contracts.
* Manage reporting of provisions on all live contracts to allow info to be measured against actual.
* Attend monthly commercial meetings to review live tender lists and prioritise key tenders.
* Liaise with the design team and client.
* Assist with sales forecasting.
* Oversee raising of subcontractor payments.
To be considered for the role you will have:
* Excellent client facing skills with ability to see projects through to completion, on time and to budget, communicating and negotiating with both clients and sub-contractors.
* Highly desirable, at least 5 years' experience in a similar Senior Quantity Surveyor role within a civil / building contractor.
* Degree level qualification in a relevant technical discipline such as Quantity Surveying.
You will also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
If you feel this exciting "Senior Quantity Surveyor" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact either Anne or Michael on (phone number removed) (office reopens 2nd January)
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client