Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Envireau Water
We're Envireau Water, one of the UK's leading independent specialist water consultancies and we've been providing technical support for over 20 years. With a professional team that provides expert guidance on the management and regulation of natural water systems, we are now expanding our hydrogeological capabilities in response to a growing demand in UK project work.
What will this role of Principal Hydrogeologist entail?
As a Principal Hydrogeologist, you will strengthen and deepen the existing team with your experience across a range of water related issues and in your core area of expertise, in addition to leading your own projects and building your own client portfolio.
You'll work from our Midlands office situated in Draycott, Derbyshire, which has easy access to the M1, A50 and A42, is well placed for commuting across the Midlands and is within easy reach of the Peak District National Park.
What will I receive in return?
As a Principal Hydrogeologist you'll receive a salary of £40,000 to £50,000, level depending on experience, along with many attractive benefits including: 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays; company profit share scheme; performance based individual bonus scheme; contributory private pension; medical insurance and life cover.
As a Principal Hydrogeologist you'll be employed on a permanent contract, working 40 hours per week within Monday to Friday with flexible start and finish times available.
What will I need to be considered for this Principal Hydrogeologist role?
* Post graduate degree level qualification in hydrogeology, engineering geology, engineering hydrology or similar
* A blend of practical and technical experience within consultancy, or within other industries / situations
* Experience of UK water resources and water related permitting legislation
* Knowledge and practice of groundwater resources development, water related environmental impact assessment, licensing and permitting technical assessment, mining and quarrying water related issues, GWDTE assessment
* Chartership through the Geological Society, CIWEM or ICE
* Ambitious and enthusiastic; as well as a team manager, coach and a confident verbal and written communicator
* A self-starting, flexible and adaptable approach to work, with imaginative and practical problem-solving skills
* A full UK valid driving licence
Envireau Water is an equal opportunities employer, however, please note that this role will require a level of fitness suitable for fieldwork involving walking over steep and rough terrain.
Our growing, dynamic organisation has developed a culture with a positive and professional ethos. Rather than being a small cog in a large wheel, we give you the opportunities to make a real impact with your work and to explore and develop technical and commercial areas that interest you.
You will be given the space and responsibility to show what you can do, and you will be rewarded for the positive differences that you make for clients, and the company.
You will benefit from a flexible working environment in which you can develop your career, while continuing to progress technical and business skills; as well as creating opportunities across a wide range of different projects for a diverse client sector base.
Here at Envireau Water we take CPD seriously and we support our staff through in house and external training, conference attendance and active involvement with professional bodies. Our team sit on Geological Society regional group and national committees and are involved in a wide range of monthly internal training and knowledge exchange sessions.
We actively support post graduate training, and we are currently sponsoring two members of staff through part time MSc courses. With over 50% of the people involved in the business being women and women represented at every level, we are committed to and deliver on equal opportunities.
All applications for this Principal Hydrogeologist vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions