CNC Lathe Programmer Setter Operator
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Catfoss Recruitment Ltd
CNC Lathe Programmer Setter Operator - Tasks and responsibilities include.
• Prepare and load raw materials (high-grade steels, aluminium) and parts onto the machines.
• Carry out programming, setting and operating manual and CNC lathes working within budget and to schedule.
• Inspect and measure finished products and compare to drawing dimensions/tolerances.
• Record data of machining operations on Route Cards.
• Understand the task at hand by reading engineering drawings
The ideal applicant will be a time served in the role of a Manual and CNC Lathe Programmer Setter Operator.
Essential skills are:
• The ability to interpret engineering drawings and CAD models.
• Competent and confident to set and operate manual and CNC lathes.
• Offline CNC Lathe programming experience, using Alphacam.
• Online CNC Lathe programming experience, using Fanuc controls.
• Self-motivated and keen to develop engineering skills to full potential.
• Willing to upskill to gain proficiency setting and operating EDM wire and plunge machines.
• Proficient setting and operating EDM wire and plunge machines.
Competitive salary + Overtime + shift premium (if required) + Private Healthcare + Life Assurance + Pension
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
cnc programmer, cnc setter, lathe, lathe programmer setter operator, fanuc, CNC operator, setter operator, alphacam