CNC Miller (Setter & Operator)
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by EMBS
EMBS are working in partnership with a prestigious engineering company who specialise in manufacturing small to medium sized components for a number of lucrative industries, dealing with some of the worlds best market leaders.
Located in Lichfield, our client is currently seeking a skilled 4 or 5 axis CNC Machinist to join their business on a permanent basis.
Objective - To provide day to day support to the 3 & 4 axis machining cell, setting and operating 3 & 4 axis CNC Machines including Hermle and Mikron etc.
* Competently Set and Operate 3 or 4 axis CNC milling machines.
* Run proven programs, adjust work and/or tool coordinates and correct any errors.
* Work to tight tolerances and check your own work meets the required standards.
* Set tools and produce a 'First Off' part to correct quality standard
* Carry out 1st off inspection from engineering drawings and update paperwork.
* Ensure the cell output is made to the agreed schedules.
* Ensure the quality of the machine output is to a required specification
* Assist in the application of continuous improvement techniques.
* Apply machine maintenance as per schedules.
* Ensure 5's is maintained in the cell and other areas.
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate:
* Strong CNC Machining background
* Ability to set and operate CNC Milling machines using Fanuc controls
* Experience of setting and operating 3 or 4 axis machines
* Capable of machining small to medium sized precision components for industries such as; Aerospace, Automotive, Motorsport, Oil & Gas etc.
* Ability to perform first off inspection using manual measuring equipment
* Understanding of engineering drawings and the ability to interpret
* Previously worked with various materials including castings / forgings
* Worked on small volume batch work
In return the client is offering:
* Permanent and stable employment
* Competitive hourly rate
* Double days or night shifts
* Lots of overtime currently available at premium rates
* Contributory pension scheme
* 20 days holiday entitlement + bank holiday
* Company sick pay
* Modern working environment and machinery plus much more.
If you are interested in the role please call Mat Lis on (phone number removed) or email your most up to date CV.
CNC Milling, CNC Technician, CNC Setter, CNC Operator, CNC Milling machinist, 4 axis, 5 axis, CNC Miller, CNC Machinist, CNC, Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Motorsport, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Location: Lichfield, Position: Permanent, Hourly rate: Negotiable depending on experience