Fabrication Production Manager
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Calder Industrial Materials
If you're a time-served fabricator with proven fabrication or sheet metal manufacturing shop management experience, read on...
Who will I be working with?
Calder Industrial Materials is a highly reputable manufacturing company with significant experience delivering high quality, tailored solutions for a wide range of customers worldwide. The company designs, manufactures and installs radiation shielding and other products in the nuclear, medical and other markets.
Calder is also the UK's leading specialist in lead engineering, and in addition one of the UK's leading building materials suppliers, delivering lead sheet and a wide range of ancillary products to builders' merchants nationwide.
What will this role of Fabrication Production Manager entail?
As the Fabrication Production Manager you'll be responsible for the overall organisation, management direction and control of the Fabrication Department and other key production cells on a day-to-day basis, ensuring an efficient and effective operation is delivered.
This will include job co-ordination and planning, management of labour and materials, and overall resource management. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Ensuring the Fabrication Department is adequately equipped, including staff, materials, PPE, work instructions and job packs
* Introducing and maintaining modern CIP techniques and LEAN tools to enhance manufacturing efficiency
* Investigating complaints and acting as the catalyst for improvements
* Developing the sheet metal working capabilities of the Department
* Overseeing the development of employees through coaching and performance management
You'll work from our premises on the Chester West Employment Park, just off Sealand Rd in Chester.
What will I need to be considered for this Fabrication Production Manager vacancy?
* Be a time-served fabricator with proven fabrication or sheet metal manufacturing shop management experience
* HNC / HND in Engineering
* Ability to read engineering drawings and have knowledge of ISO 9000 systems
* Excellent computer, literacy and numeracy skills
* Superb communication skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships
What will I receive in return?
As the Fabrication Production Manager, you'll receive a salary of circa £45,000, level dependent on experience and qualifications.
Additional Benefits: 25 days plus bank holidays, employer contributory pension scheme following successful probation period, healthcare cash plan, cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, and free car parking.
Contract: Permanent, working 35 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5pm and early finish Friday 8:30am to 12:30pm.
All applications for this Fabrication Production Manager vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Calder Industrial Materials
The Business Connection
Lloyds Banking Group