Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Héroux-Devtek
Héroux-Devtek is an international company specialising in the design, development, manufacture, integration, testing and repair and overhaul of landing gear and actuation systems and components for the Aerospace market. Founded in 1942, the business has a rich history which includes manufacturing the landing gear for the Apollo Lunar Module which landed on the moon's surface in 1969.
Héroux-Devtek's global reputation for quality and reliability exists thanks to the achievements of its employees, and the business truly believes in providing employees with continuous training and professional development, and fosters a strong entrepreneurial culture where each team member has a distinct role to play in the success of the business.
What will this role of Manufacturing Engineer entail?
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, as a Manufacturing Engineer you'll have a varied role in which you'll design and modify fixtures and tooling to aid landing gear assembly.
You'll create 3D assembly instructions and design, modify and maintain manufacturing plans and bills of materials (BOMs) using the ERP system. You'll also be involved in continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives, whilst leading engineering investigations when required.
What will I need to be considered for this Manufacturing Engineer role?
* A degree / HND / HNC in an Engineering discipline
* Proven experience of working in a manufacturing engineering environment, with hands on experience of manufacturing methods and processes
* Machine shop and / or assembly experience gained within an Aerospace environment
* Ability to read and interpret engineering / technical drawings for machining and assembly
* Knowledge of Processing and Plating techniques including Chrome, Nickel and Cadmium
* Experience of using SolidWorks for tool and fixture design
* Knowledge of hydraulic actuation systems
* Demonstrable leadership experience with excellent interpersonal skills
* Strong analytical skills
What will I receive in return?
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you'll receive an attractive salary, level dependent on experience and qualifications. You'll also receive 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, company pension scheme, and salary sacrifice healthcare scheme.
Contract: Permanent, working Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4:30pm and Friday 8am to 1pm
Location: Runcorn (Cheshire)
All applications for this Manufacturing Engineer vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Claremont Consulting Ltd