Senior / Principal Ecologist
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Mott MacDonald
Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
What we're looking for..
Mott MacDonald requires an experienced and qualified senior/principal ecologist to join our Brighton office. You will be part of The Ecology Team within the Environment Division and you will drive forward our services to existing internal and external clients and provide technical support particularly for ecologists in London and the South but also for the wider team. You should have a good understanding of the issues and constraints associated with working on infrastructure development projects, working in teams, managing resources and ensuring delivery.
You will have the opportunity to develop your own specialism and offer new services across the sector and motivation to become a national player in influencing the ecology market in the UK.
* Highly competent ecologist with strong UK experience (some international experience would also be an advantage)
* A degree in Ecology (or directly related subject). An additional higher degree would be an advantage.
* Excellent protected species knowledge and experience; ideally a holder of a protected species licence (more licences would be an advantage) and of Natural England mitigation licences for at least one species (again, more would be an advantage) within the last 5 years
* Experience in leading on ecological inputs into large-scale projects
* Excellent experience in the UK ecological consultancy market, with a strong external-facing, client-orientated approach.
* Excellent understanding of UK nature conservation legislation.
* Experience in undertaking ecological impact assessments for EIAs
* Experience in undertaking Habitat Regulation Assessments.
* Experience within the public sector would be an advantage.
* Proven track record in winning work.
* Willingness to mentor junior staff.
* Chartered Environmentalist or Chartered Ecologist.
* Willingness to travel throughout the UK.
* Full UK driving licence