Software Engineer - PLC
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by ASC Connections
Salary: £36,000 - £42,000
A company that has grown to become one of the UK's largest independent system integration organisations. From their beginning, they are determined to deliver the reference standard in quality, accuracy, safety.
This role is based predominantly within the Staffordshire office however the individual may be required to travel to client premises on an occasional basis to undertake software modifications or meetings.
* The design, documentation, development, testing and commissioning of PLC based control systems.
* This will cover the complete system development lifecycle from initial design through to customer site acceptance.
* Investigation and rectification of defects at customer's sites.
* Provide support and assistance to other engineering disciplines within the design team.
* Experience working with software controlled systems.
* Knowledge of IE61131-3 programming languages.
* Experience of the complete software/systems design lifecycle.
* Experience of PLC programming languages.
* Knowledge of computer operating systems.
* Knowledge of network / serial communications protocols and hardware - MODBUS
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively