Pressure Vessel Engineer
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by British Engineering Services
You will be based in Cardiff, Swansea, Bristol, Bath or Swindon or surrounding areas. If you are not based in these areas, but are interested in a career with British Engineering Services, please apply to the 'Register Your Interest' role on our Careers page.
What are we looking for?
To be considered for the role of Pressure Vessel Engineer you will be able to demonstrate the following:
* Knowledge of the pressure equipment directive
* An understanding of pressure equipment and/or dangerous goods tank construction
* Knowledge of welding processes and procedures, weld inspection and weld defects
* Considerable experience inspecting new or repaired/ modified construction pressure equipment/ dangerous goods tanks within a manufacturing, pharma, nuclear, shipping or other relevant environment is essential
* Ideally, you will hold experience in welding processes, weld inspection and weld defects
It is essential that you hold a minimum of a HND/HNC in a mechanical engineering subject, alongside an understanding of the pressure equipment directive. Ideally, you will also hold knowledge of the international standards relating to the construction and inspection of pressure equipment and dangerous goods tanks. You will be managing your own billable time, so strong time management skills, reporting skills and a commercial focus are also essential. While the type of projects you'll work on will vary, we'll make sure you're fully trained. You are flexible enough to work from home, you're a great communicator, you've got a full driving license, and you're looking for your next big challenge.
In return, you'll discover a brand-new company with an unrivalled heritage. An exciting business with huge vision and energy. And a fully UK owned organisation that puts best practice first. Our commitment to rewarding you for 100% of your time is sure to impress, including travelling to client sites. Add pension contributions up to 10% and the best in class training and you've just found a career that will stand up to any test.
This is a field based role covering customers in the South Wales, Bristol, Bath and Swindon (including Cardiff, Swansea, Weston-Super-Mare, Yeovil, Chippenham, Swindon, Andover, Salisbury and Southampton). As our travel time is chargeable to clients, the successful candidate needs to live within commutable distance to the above locations.
Interested? Find out more about us here or click 'Apply' to submit an application