Engineering Service Delivery Manager - Rail
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Arriva TrainCare
Arriva TrainCare provides Light and Heavy Train Maintenance services to the railway industry from its five strategically located maintenance depots. The successful, rapidly evolving organisation is going through a massive transformation at real pace, with a strong order book for 2019 and beyond.
Arriva TrainCare is part of Arriva, which is part of the Deutsche Bahn group, one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing over 55,900 people and delivering more than 1.5 billion passenger journeys across 15 European countries every year.
You'll be part of a professional team with these core behaviours at heart;
* One Arriva - We work as one team, 'together we are Arriva';
* Great customer experience - We keep our customers happy every day;
* Doing the right thing - We look after our customers, colleagues and the environment, and always put safety first;
* Thinking beyond - We are curious and inspired to think beyond today for an even bigger and better Arriva tomorrow.
What will this Engineering Service Delivery Manager role entail?
Reporting to the Area Delivery Manager, as Service Delivery Manager you'll be responsible for the management of the production and service delivery workload of all staff at our Crewe depot. Duties to include;
* Implementing customer requirements, striving for exemplary customer service
* Mentoring and coaching of Team Leaders and Team Members
* Identifying and managing all training requirements for all direct reports
* Managing and coordinating contractors on site
* Pre-planning operational movements to ensure efficient depot throughput
* Operating rail vehicles as required
* Ensuring that work locations are fit for purpose and compliant with relevant standards
* Drive a positive safety culture, carrying out safety tours and risk assessments
You'll be employed on a permanent contract and work an average of 40.5 hours per week from 6pm to 6am on a 4 on 4 off shift roster.
You'll receive a salary of £46,249, and great additional benefits including:
* 26 days annual leave including bank holidays
* Healthcare cover
* Arriva Travel Pass
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Arriva Village retailer discount scheme and many more perks
What will I need to be considered for this Engineering Service Delivery Manager role?
* Previous experience of managing rail vehicle light maintenance activities and depot operations
* Full understanding of rail vehicle maintenance activities, both electrical and mechanical
* Qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Engineering (or equivalent) rail traction and rolling stock preferred
* People management and supervisory skills
* Competence Assessor A1 / A2 trained or working towards (desirable)
* Sound knowledge of railway reporting systems i.e. Equinox, SAP, Maximo, Ravers 2 and Nexala
* Good knowledge of production efficiency / business improvement techniques
* Strong IT skills, fully conversant with Microsoft Office including Excel
Arriva is committed to diversity, if you're good and meet the essential criteria outlined above, you're welcome. Please include a cover letter upon submitting your CV.
All applications for this Engineering Service Delivery Manager are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
White Recruitment Engineering & Manufacturing
KPI Care Limited