Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by First People Solutions
First People Solutions are currently looking to recruit an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join one of their long-term consulting engineering clients.
Our client are recognised for being a leading multi-disciplinary practice that offer a range of exceptional engineering services across the Civil, Structural, Geo-environmental markets. The firm are recognised for their strong market awareness and actively engaging in the ever-changing built environment to deliver some of the country's largest and complex projects.
Their Glasgow office is currently seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to undertake a key role within their growing Geo-environmental team to support the delivery of a range of notable projects across the UK.
By undertaking the role of Senior will be working as part of a busy and fast-paced environment on a range of project types; Transportation, Industrial, Commercial and Residential developments.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
* Scoping, design and site supervision of intrusive ground investigations including knowledge of soil and rock logging standards, specification of appropriate soil and groundwater sampling methods and schedule of both geotechnical and environmental laboratory testing
* Preparation of ground models based on a good understanding of geology; particularly glacial depositional environments
* Report writing including analysis of the following geotechnical issues;
- slope stability, foundations, earthworks, soil/rock engineering, ground improvement, movement and settlement
* Site visits and foundation inspections for infrastructure projects
* Mapping of rock discontinuities
* Preparation of risk assessments
* Managing and mentoring junior staff
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
* Degree educated within a relevant Geology or Civil Engineering background
* Obtained Chartered status or working towards Charteredship
* Have 3+ years' experience working within a consultancy environment
* Be proficient in AutoCAD, Slope stability (SLIDE), Rock stability software (DIPS)
* Experience of ground investigations and geotechnical reporting for Highways schemes is desirable
* Have the flexibility to travel to various sites when required
This position offers the opportunity to develop consolidate your existing skills set through a structured training programme and gain excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team.
If you are interested in this position please apply online by attaching an up to date CV, or please call Aimee Watt on (phone number removed) if you would like to hear more information about this position