Principle Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Solid people
The ongoing growth drives this new role for a Principle Mechanical Design Engineer to own the company's engineering. This is a hands-on role that requires an engineer with both detail design and practical manufacturing experience.
- An MEng or higher qualified Mechanical Engineer highly fluent in CAD (SolidWorks) with strong FEA stress analysis experience
- Experienced (at least 5 years) in hands-on design and actualization, ideally of highly loaded transmission assemblies/gear design, in motorsport or a similar fast-paced, rigorous design industry.
- Capable of owning and delivering multiple projects from design concept to final delivery, including working directly with machinists, fitters and sub-contract process suppliers
- Willing to do what it takes to help our client's customers win, including working extra (and sometimes unsociable) hours to solve the problem and travel internationally to design meetings, yacht constructors or race venues
What our client offers:
- The chance to work with motivated customers and winning teams across the world
- A hands-on engineering environment
- A growing business where the people are the centre of the business' success
- A wonderful location in the South West of England (relocation assistance available)
- A competitive salary, discretionary bonus, company life assurance, expensed travel and a generous holiday allowance