Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Mott MacDonald
You will be responsible for designing, implementing and testing high quality software for our clients. Part of the role will be liaising with customers to establish requirements, as well as establishing and maintaining relationships with our end users.
The ideal person will come from a strong Java and Java script background and will be confident client facing. As a developer you will be self-reliant and able to work autonomously, integrating with the Glasgow software engineering team, supported by management and technical colleagues in Glasgow to ensure tasks are completed and delivered to a high standard within our established processes and procedures.
Essential skills required for this role:
• In-depth knowledge of, and experience with Object Oriented Design
• Experience with formal design, coding, configuration management and testing processes
Desirable skills for this role:
• Spring (application framework)
• Hibernate (or other ORM technologies)
• Sybase RDBMS, PostgreSQL
• Subversion (Source-control)
If you believe that you would be a strong fit for this role please apply with an up to date CV