Principal Analyst Programmer
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
My prestigious Client in Warwickshire is looking for Principal Analyst Programmer to perform analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation and modification of properly engineered information systems containing software as the major component, to meet agreed business needs on initial 6 months contract basis.
* Taking technical responsibility for several stages of the life cycle for software development including investigation, analysis, specification, design, construction, testing, implementation and maintenance.
* Undertaking all work in accordance with required technical and quality standards.
* Documenting all work using appropriate standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
* Arranging, preparing and taking part in client/user meetings and presents issues and solutions both orally and in writing.
* Preparing project and quality plans, cost benefit and risk analyses.
* Giving technical leadership to small teams, planning, estimating, controlling and reporting on work performed accurately and effectively in order to achieve targets.
* Providing advice and guidance on technical matters.
* Taking a structured and effective approach to own work and demonstrates leadership potential.
* Analysing , diagnosing, designing, planning , executing and evaluating work to time, cost and quality targets.
* Communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, customers, colleagues and subordinates.
* Performing support activities and in some cases project management of pieces of work.
Skills and experience with the following:
* Visual Basic .NET
* VBA, VB Script
* MS SQL Server
* XML (XSLT, DOM etc.)
* Windows Server OS
* TCP/IP configuration
* Visio (flow charting, technical architecture diagrams)
* Imaging, Data Capture and Archive technologies (software and hardware) preferred
* Strong communications skills
Adverse Working Conditions:
* Based in the UK, with some European and Global travel based on business requirements
* Provision of 7*24 Support via call-out rota, dependent on skills, experience and business need
* Requirement for out of hours and weekend working to support scheduled change activities in order to minimise impact on business activities
If it sounds like a perfect role for you, do not hesitate to apply at
Inplace Recruitment ltd