Front End Web Developer
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
We are looking for a Web front-end developer with 2 - 3 years' experience in the digital industry, particularly those who understand a user-friendly approach to content management web projects, large and small, with the ability to work in collaboration with Designers, other Developers and Project Managers as one team.
What I need to do:
* The role is an integral part of ITG's web deliverables and omni-channel campaigns.
* You'll be responsible for understanding and interpreting briefs from the Account and Project Manager, and understanding your part to play in the project.
* Taking responsibility for the page markup structure and browser rendering of the web project (with guidance from the approved design(s).
* Providing technical support for our internal Content Management System, working mainly towards creating and maintaining configurable modules within and throughout.
* A good eye for detail as some smaller projects may not have a detailed design.
* Apply clean CSS styling throughout the project according to the approved design(s).
How will I succeed:
* Keeping the project on track by ensuring that any dependencies are handled in a timely fashion in a fast-paced environment.
* Keeping up-to-date on the latest developments in front-end coding.
What I need to show:
* Working comfortably within Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Photoshop and Illustrator).
* Any interesting GitHub / Bitbucket / GitLab (or others) repositories you've been involved in? Are you happy to share some projects you've worked on and talk us through what you have done?
What decisions can I make:
* Advice/feedback on a provided design that does not meet best practice.
* Improvements and suggestions on existing projects.
* Rolls Royce
So, what can I expect in return?
On top of a competitive salary, you can expect:
* 25 days' holiday + bank holidays
* Pension scheme
* Tons of discounts
* Employee Assistance Programme
What I need to know:
Worthy contenders must have a current skill set in the latest front-end tools and techniques:
* SASS compiling
* Media queries
* React.js and/or AngularJS 1.x and/or Angular 4+ and/or other MV* frameworks would be beneficial.
* Having worked with one or more CSS grid frameworks is beneficial, like Bootstrap, Susy, and others.
* Having worked with one or more design frameworks, like Material Design would be beneficial.
* Experience working with Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Sublime Text, Brackets, Github Atom, or similar editors.
* Working with source control, in particular, GIT.
Inspired Thinking Group (ITG) is among the most successful full-service marketing businesses in the world, employing over 600 specialists across technology, marketing, data, print and content creation. We have UK offices in Birmingham and London, an R&D centre in Dartford, and client teams throughout Europe. We have US offices in New York and Chicago. Our Media Centre marketing automation platform gives visibility and control of every aspect of our clients' marketing activity. It manages the marketing operations of around 60 blue-chip clients, including M&S, Heineken, PUMA, Audi, Sainsbury's, Renault and KFC. Our technology is supported by a range of market-leading services, including our Birmingham-based digital agency, £250 million in print management, an eCRM division, which sends out four-billion personalised communications a year, a retail strategy agency, comprehensive local marketing programmes, and a 22-seat, 24/7 artworking studio creating over three million assets a year