IT Developer, Junior
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Anonymous
Main purpose of the job:
The systems you will be working with range from B2B systems where we are performing ETL tasks on incoming and outgoing files, to development of our transport planning and distribution systems and other bespoke systems are required within the business,
Development of new applications and/or functions or updates to existing applications.
The focus of the job will be development, maintenance and ongoing enhancements of existing and new systems that support our business and our customers and complement our corporate systems.
You will be involved in taking various projects from initial conception all the way through to deployment, training of users and support
Supporting wider business
There is also possible travel to other sites home and abroad for software deployments and/or user training. You will be part of a team of 22 in the UK and Ireland. Our team is part of the Northern Europe group where we support Scandinavia, The Netherlands, Belgium and UK & Ireland.
Experience & Knowledge:
• Experience of developing with ASP.NET
• Experience of developing with C#
• Experience of developing with relational databases (MSSQL)
• Source control - GIT (Version control)
• Agile project methodology (Jira)
• Documentation (Confluence)
• ETL tools (Talend, Informatica, SSIS)
• Business to Business (B2B) integrations (EDIFACT, XML)
• Microsoft Office 365
• Desktop support
• Experience with helpdesk systems
• Educated to A level standard or higher
Skills and Competencies:
• Good interpersonal written and verbal communication skills in English
• Exceptional attention to detail
• The ability to produce high quality work within deadlines
• Self-motivation, initiative, and ability to work independently
• Ability to manage a diverse workload and competing priorities
• Analytical thought process and problem solving
• Full UK driving licence
• Willingness to travel for work-related purposes
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Interested in the job?
Please apply quoting the above reference and with an updated CV and covering letter.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.