Clinical Team Leader - CAMHS
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by Anonymous
At Cygnet Health Care you'll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You'll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you'll benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.
Make a bigger difference to your career and to patient care with us.
Cygnet Hospital Godden Green operates an integrated Tier 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) with a DfE registered school, the Knole Development Centre. Our specialist pathway offers an open acute admissions service (Knole Ward), and a pre-discharge wing (Littleoaks) to allow for a smooth transition for patients returning home to their families. The hospital also operates a low secure service for men which is run in a joint working arrangement with Kent and Medway Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
The Clinical Team Leader will be responsible for the provision of clinical leadership and management to the immediate clinical team members on a day to day basis; delivery of excellence in quality care provision, ensuring all clinical governance and compliance targets are met. Managing the activities of the team, in partnership with, and support of the Senior Nurse, with close involvement in efficient and effective management of the ward and nursing practice.
Cygnet Health Care is one of the UK's largest independent providers of inpatient mental health services, offering high quality treatment options predominantly to the NHS. A diverse range of highly specialised services are provided across different levels of security.
• Supervise the smooth running of a shift and take leadership responsibility for the ward in the absence of the Ward Manager.
• Act as a role model to all staff in clinical areas, helping to maintain a motivated positive work force.
• Will work within their NMC code of conduct.
• Actively promote best practice clinical care on the ward.
• Participate in the manager's on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward based staff, outside of normal working hours.
• Take an active role in clinical audit on the ward and in the hospital.
• Actively coach and mentor staff to improve practice on the ward.
• Take a lead role in working with the Multi-Disciplinary Team to coordinate and effective care plans which meet the physical & emotional needs of the service users in a caring and empathic manner.
• Undertake any reasonable request.
• Aware of the Cygnet core values & behaviours and use them to provide a daily framework for your working with service users and colleagues
• Participate in training and development of staff.
• Follow and ensure others implement Cygnet Health Care Policy and Procedures and maintain level of service, which meets the standard for the hospital.
We offer an excellent benefits package which includes an annual bonus scheme contributory pension scheme, free life assurance, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre, childcare vouchers and paid birthday, anniversary of joining company leave. In addition we offer subsidised meals and free car parking where available.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Do you want a career that inspires people? Please click on the 'apply now' link below and one of our recruitment team will be in contact shortly. If you need any help with your application, please contact the Recruitment Team on (phone number removed).
Keywords - RMN, RNLD, Registered Nurse, Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, Mental Nurse, Psychiatric, Challenging Behaviour, Rehabilitation