Certified Nursing Aide (CNA)
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Axiom Healthcare Services
Location: Olathe, Kansas
Position at St. Anthony's Senior Care Hospital - Olathe
The CNA provides direct care to hospital patients. This direct care includes: feeding, hydrating, toileting, transferring, ambulating, grooming, positioning, range of motion, restorative nursing tasks, activities, passing room trays and snacks, pouring beverages, removing dirty dishes from the table. As a CNA, you will also be attentive and emotionally supportive of patients and their families. The ideal candidate will value hard work and good working relationships, be organized, have great time management skills, and show compassion. You will report to the Director of Nursing (DON), and the hospital CEO.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Provide direct and indirect patient care under the direction of a registered nurse
- Record all care information concisely and in a timely manner
- Help provide nutrition to patients by: passing ice, providing snacks, setting the dining room tables, pouring drinks, sitting down with patients to eat, clearing the dining room tables after meals and cleaning them.
- Help clean the common areas, including the living room and dining area, laundry room, nurse station and other areas.
- Provide feedback to the supervising RN regarding changes in the medical or behavioral changes
- Help patients improve their coping abilities
- Ensure the compliance to infection prevention and control procedures
- Assist to maintain staff and patient safety when engaging in crisis intervention
- Utilize the least restrictive interventions
- Assist with psychosocial groups and activities; provide setup, encouragement, transportation, and direct involvement for activities specific to the patients' interests
- Current state Certified Nursing Aide (CNA) certification; in acceptable standing with the Nurse Aide Registry
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old 2+ years of experience in a behavioral health or geriatric medical environment preferred
- Behavioral healthcare in a hospital environment
- May require standing up or walking for up to 90% of the time
- Required to use assistance when attempting to assist, lift or carry objects over 25 lbs.
- Full-time, 12-hour shifts, Monday - Sunday availability.