Business Inteligence Consultant
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Anonymous
Position: Data Warehouse Delivery Consultant
As a BI Consultant within the Business Intelligence Group you strive for quality and are focused in delivering solutions to our customers, and more. The successful candidate will work within a diverse team implementing my clients solutions in both public and private sector clients across the UK.
The role presents an opportunity for a highly motivated person to gain a diverse, hands-on range of technical and commercial skills as well as inter-personal and client-facing skills in a dynamic consulting environment. To fulfil the needs of the role, the candidate will need to be able to fulfil the duties below.
Design and implementation of data warehouse and business intelligence solutions using SQL Server, Oracle, BusinessObjects and Qlikview/QlikSense and other leading technologies. Many solutions involve implementing packaged solutions but others may be full life-cycle developments.
Conducting requirements analysis and definition workshops with clients. Production of relevant documentation to a good standard.
Installation and configuration of Qlikview/QlikSense, BusinessObjects and my clients own software.
Preparation of BusinessObjects/Qlikview/QlikSense reports, dashboards and analyses.
We're looking for a variety of skills and experience levels in data warehouse and database-based applications.
Above all else, we're looking for smart, passionate candidates who have:
* 2-4 years' experience in BI and Data Warehousing delivery
* Experience in leading BI tool and analytic technologies such as SAP Business Objects (BI Suite), QlikView, Qlik Sense, Microsoft Reporting Services, Microsoft Power BI.
* SQL Server version 2008 and above, particularly using TSQL and SSIS.
* Experience of working within a structured project delivery environment, perhaps where techniques such as Prince or Agile are used.
* Experience in market sectors such as Healthcare, Education, Local Government and Social Housing would be advantageous.
* Self-starter that communicates well on all levels
* A strong understanding of BI tools, techniques and processes.
* Experience with Data Warehousing techniques and technologies.
* A background in data analysis, data mining or predictive modelling would be particularly beneficial.
* Degree educated
* An open, collaborative communication style and a team player.
* An ability to think fast and learn quickly.
* A passion for quality.
* The candidate must be flexible to travel and stay away from home to work at client sites on a regular basis
This is Prime
KM Education Recruitment Ltd