Ad Sales Director
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by BBC Global News Ltd.
The employer is an award-winning digital media agency based in Chicago.
- Manage, shape and direct the Advertising Chicago office sales strategy and the execution of that strategy. Coach and support the team creating a pipeline of talent for future business needs
- Forge strong strategic relationships with senior executives across industries and agencies to secure future business and establish at the center of their advertising plans including programmatic.
- With Client Solutions and Brand Content Partnerships team, engage and activate discussion/dialogue for investment in content, audiences and events specific to the region and therefore the Ad sales opportunity for local, regional and global revenues
- Optimize the deployment of the marketing budgets for events, corporate hospitality etc. and create opportunities to evangelise the as advertising partner of choice
- Work closely with the other USA sales teams based across the Nth America region
- Ensure clear, creative, & effective responses to all digital advertising briefs, including supporting research material
- Work closely with the Pricing & Inventory and Ad ops team to ensure campaigns are booked, delivered, tracked & pro-actively managed & all campaign creative is compliant, submitted & delivered;
- Ensure all proposals are inline with the advertising sales policy;
- Maintain regular telephone, face to face and business / social relationships with key individuals within the market;
- Prepare timely and accurate reports on a monthly basis to include revenue pipeline, current active campaigns, upcoming briefs or account movements, competitor activity, campaigns missed, relevant local market information / news etc;
- Attend relevant conferences, seminars & other industry functions to develop knowledge & network within online media industry
- Continuously improve understanding of global/local online advertising trends, technologies, effective campaign strategies/tactics, deal structures, emerging markets and create opportunities for industry thought leadership;
- Assist agencies and clients to better plan, implement and exploit opportunities on offer from the domestically through knowledge sharing, best practice and international case studies;
- Promote the digital products with advertising agencies and clients; act as an expert in this area.
- Knowledge and experience of Chicago advertising and marketing solution marketplace;
- Knowledge and experience in an international media sales organisation;
- Ability to sell, think & deliver solutions creatively & in a timely manner & to budget;
- Highly developed business accument and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently albeit with regional support from overseas;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Individual must be able to work independently within a small dynamic team and be able to organize and prioritize their own workload in supporting the business from Chicago
- +5 years demonstrated senior sales leadership, senior relationships across Chicago clients & ad agencies;
- Demonstrated capabilities to manage a multi-product sales portfolio across multiple platforms (online and mobile) and branded content solutions.
- Demonstrated capabilities to manage a direct digital sales team across a diverse sales portfolio
- Extensive & existing contact database within national ( and, ideally, multinational) clients and advertising agencies in all countries within remit;
- Demonstrated negotiations skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of customer service and team development.