Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Wsp | Parsons Brinckerhoff
The employer is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms.
- Client Relations Management
- Oversee development and implementation of Client Relations Management Plans
- Key clients that are accessible via internal relationships
- Key clients that are owned by Advisory
- Ensure all staff that will have direct client responsibilities have participated in client relations training.
- Establish and maintain personal client relations with selected clients.
- Monitor and continuously improve the effectiveness of Client Relations Management Plan.
- Marketing Management
- Manage the Advisory marketing team of 6-10 people.
- Oversee the recruitment, development and retention of the Advisory marketing team.
- Assess needs and capabilities of the Advisory organization, growth plans / strategies, relationships with other end markets, and other related topics to support the development of a Strategic Sales & Marketing Plan.
- Sets forth short, medium & long term plans for Advisory marketing / sales growth including enhancements to the organization, key goals, steps to achieve goals including timing, and any other requirements related to people, process and tools.
- Includes sales and marketing strategies for both front end / early stage services more commonly deployed by Advisory, as well as the interrelationships with downstream services for all end markets (Advisory, Energy, Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Water & Environment). Essentially, strategies to sell not only Advisory, but downstream opportunities for the entire company.
- Maintain high level of focus on pipeline development.
- Direct ongoing intelligence gathering on client issues, decision makers, and pursuit status.
- Track results of all pursuits and analyze data to uncover trends by client, markets, size, pursuit staff, etc.
- Monitor competitors' pursuit process.
- Identify candidates (internal and external) for marketing staff positions.
- Develop and implement the Advisory marketing budget.
- Pursuit/Bid Management
- Manage the Go/No-Go decision making process with Advisory and other end market leaders including Area Managers. Ensure that the Pursuit Management Process is followed for all pursuits.
- Serve on the Red Team for all strategic pursuits.
- Ensure debriefs are performed on all lost opportunities and incorporate critical intelligence in future pursuit efforts.
- Engage in and contribute to the Pursuit Management Process on selected opportunities.
- Recommend the appropriate marketing staffing level and distribution.
- Review performance of staff and identify future development areas.
- Over fifteen years of experience in infrastructure professional services marketing or similar position with an established track record in meeting sales goals for a multi-state region.
- Passion for continuous improvement, seeking new strategies to grow/enhance sales/marketing capabilities and market positioning to continuously differentiate Advisory and the broader suite of services in the marketplace.
- Experience in building and managing teams of marketing professionals including proposal coordinators and other key personnel.
- Experience in leading and winning large strategic pursuits.
- Understanding of the commercial aspects of major, complex pursuits and how to how to manage the proposal development process from creation through submission.
- Established relationships with internal clients and decision makers. It is desirable to have additional relationships with teaming partners and key client decision makers as well.